Tuesday, April 19, 2011

chicken chili


I'd long wanted to try a white chili, and my friend Betsy created a perfect opportunity when she requested I make it for the super bowl.   By requested, I mean she provided me with all the ingredients and I just had to throw them in my crockpot.  Not a bad gig!  The chicken was meltingly tender and the flavors were sweet and earthy.  Yum yum!


  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, crushed
  • 1 small can chopped green chile peppers
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano
  • 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
  • 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
  • 1 lb chicken breasts
  • 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans
  • 1 bag frozen corn kernels
  • 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Dump all but the cheese in the crockpot and set on low.  
After 4 hours, shred the chicken.  If you are gifted in the ways of shredding, you can do it in pot.  The rest of us will take it out of the pot, shred it, and put it back.
Serve with shredded cheese and any other garnishes you might like.  I am a cilantro addict, personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment