Saturday, March 19, 2011

So, this teaching gig is hard.


No, like, for realz.

Sorry, I was channeling one of the 60 people I mentor, teach and mould every day.  That position, the measly position of 9th-grade English teacher, demands a lot of my time, energy, emotional fortitude.  When I get home, sometimes I can't even be bothered to get meals on the table.  Thank heaven for the crock pot!

I'd heard about how ridiculously easy a crockpot salsa chicken could be, and based on my previous astounding success with pork loin (1 jar of chipotle berry salsa + 1 pork loin = best pulled pork Tom had ever eaten), I had high hopes.

I added 2 big chicken breasts and 1 14.5 oz jar hot green chile salsa.  The chicken was melt-in-your-mouth.  It is tasty and maintains its spice, though it's not haute cuisine.  Of course, what could you expect from 2 ingredients?  I for one will make this again, and it would be great stuffed into tortillas or over a burrito bowl salad.

Serving suggestions:
Over a salad with avocado, queso fresco, tomatoes
Alongside sauteed/roasted peppers and onions
Mixed with sour cream and served over quinoa or rice
Straight up:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment