Wednesday, May 29, 2013

pesto cheese dip


I feel like I'm letting you in on two foodie finds at once.  First find: USE BELL PEPPERS FOR CHEESY DIPS!!!!   Really, I love French bread and tortilla chips, I do... but besides this low carb business, I actually prefer bell pepper dippers. They are substantial enough to stand up to the heartiest dips (see above photo of gloriousness) but also provide a crisp refreshment to complement the fatty cheese.

Let me be clear, I have nothing against fatty cheese.  It is one of the loves of my life.  It just needs a little balancing, esp when it is stringy melty goodness.

The second find is this recipe, which was inspired by this white pizza dip.  While her dip looks phenomenal, I wasn't invested in roasting tomatoes, and I love pesto for being a multi-layer food all by itself.  Who needs to add in extra herbs, nuts, cheese when it comes in a perfectly balanced flavor-packed combo?

This is some scrumptious party food, whether you are a party of two or a party of twenty.  Just don't forget to scale up--it goes quickly!

Ingredients:
2 blocks cream cheese, softened
8 oz shredded mozzarella
8 oz  shredded provolone
1/4 c pesto

Mix everything together and bake at 350 for 25ish minutes or until top is bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment