Sunday, February 17, 2013

Crunchy chicken tenders



The day after my great fried pickle showdown, I wanted fried pickles again.

I mean, who wouldn't?

I also wanted fried chicken.  I think this falls under the "if you give a mouse a cookie, he's gonna want a glass of milk" problem.  But when you have been toying with a great recipe that gives some awesomely tasty food, it's not actually a problem.  It's a challenge.  And challenge ACCEPTED!

My challenge was to find an acceptable chick fil a alternative that would fit my low carb/paleo ways.  I am quite happy with this recipe.  It's not quiiiiite chick fil a, but it hits the spot!  I got the idea from the brine from somewhere out there that I no longer recall but made the rest up as I went.

(Be sure to make fried pickles and ranch with this for maximum southern satisfaction)

Brine 1 lb chicken tenders for 2 hours in the following:
1 c pickle juice
2 packet stevia
1 tsp dijon
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp white pepper

Scramble an egg.  Dredge chicken tenders through egg and then through 1 c ground pork rinds (bonus points if you use spicy rinds).  Bake at 350 for 15ish minutes or until juice run clear.  Serve with ranch for dipping.

I didn't run nutritional info on this because the carb count is pretty negligible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment