Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Super creamy guacamole


I should probably stop saying I licked the plate every time I post a good recipe.  It's just not always true.

But it was true this time!  When I made this guacamole, I did sit down in front of the tv and scrape every last bit out of the food processor.  I really did.

Then I selfishly hoped my husband wouldn't find the actual tub o guac.  Because OBVIOUSLY I need to eat 5 avocados and 1/2 c sour cream by myself.

Oddly enough, he didn't find it.  I did have pity on his foodie self and served him some tonight.  I'm such a nice person.  And before you think I finished off the rest myself, let me assure you that there is gobs of it in our fridge for tomorrow.  My gluttony only goes so far.

I was inspired to make this by my friend Sylvia's AMAZING guacamole.  While I have always eaten guacamole with all the fixin's--red onion, jalapeno, salt, lime, a spice or two-- I fell in love with hers.  It was simple and pure.  Like butter off a tree.  For all I know, it's just mashed avocado without even a splash of lime.  I haven't asked.  I've always been too busy stuffing my face.

Instead of going quite that simple, I added sour cream and lime.  It just felt right.  The resulting dip is sheer luxury.  This was actually a fairly affordable treat, too-- week before last, avocados were 3 for a dollar, and I found some marked down sour cream for .49 cents per cup.  That's right.  My gigantor guacamole was $2.07 and will serve at least 6 adults.  Or one me.

Ingredients:
5 small avocados
1/2 c sour cream
juice of one lime

Process in food processor.  Scrape the majority of the recipe into a serving or storage receptacle.  Lick the processor bowl clean.  Do not lick the sharp blade!

The top will brown if you don't place wrap directly on it, but I usually just ignore that little bit of brown if it's just for me and Tom.

No comments:

Post a Comment