Saturday, January 5, 2013

Cheddar Chive Biscuits



I've heard it said that man cannot live on bread alone.

These people haven't met me.  (At least in the literal sense of the phrase--I'm sure God has a littttle insight into my inner thoughts.)

I could happily live an existence that is pasta and pastry based.  Those yeast dinner rolls at country diners?  I think they are little heavenly pillows.  Crepes?  Yes please--filled with savory goodness or sweet sweet nutella, just give me one of each.  Biscuits and gravy? Always welcome in my belly.  Cheddar biscuits? ohhhh yeeeeaaaah.  Dude, I even have been known to stop by Popeyes just to get a biscuit (cringe).

But, as I've said, I've moved away from wheat, and I'm also working on low carbing it.  What is a girl to do?  She is to make these lovely biscuits!  They were, as is often the case with non-wheat products, not the moistest little biscuit ever, but man, the flavor was spot on, and served with my Italian pot roast and its juices, I was completely happy.  I also LOVED how the top crisped up just like a regular biscuit with the use of glorious butter.  Plus, my house smells really good right now, and that's just about the best payoff of home cooking!

I found these on a blog I hadn't seen before, so it was awesome to get such a great recipe as part of our exploring.  Thanks Michelle for your Cheddar Sage Biscuit inspiration!

2 eggs
1 c shredded cheddar
1/4 c butter, melted
3/4 c almond flour, packed
2 T coconut flour, packed
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 tsp chopped chives
1 garlic clove, minced or pressed

Mix everything together.  Separate into 8 biscuits and bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes.

Each biscuit has 202 calories, 2 net carbs, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein and 18g fat.



No comments:

Post a Comment