Friday, July 6, 2012

simplicity is mango salad



Sigh.  Some days, I open the fridge to fresh produce and a smorgasbord of options that will create lovely, luscious dishes.  Other days, I open the fridge to shriveled produce I've neglected in order to eat out with friends.

Today I faced shriveled produce.

Yet somehow I also made dessert.

Go me.

Simple mango salad:

zest and juice of 1-2 limes
1 T honey
2-4 mangoes (depending on their level of shriveledness and whether they are the big green and red ones or the little orange ones; mine were shriveled and little orange ones)
handful of blueberries leftover from blueberry mole and blueberry sauce for salmon
handful of cherries
sprinkling of chopped cilantro

Whisk the honey, zest and juice together.  Slice mangoes into bite-sized pieces.  Mix together all fruit and pour over salad.  Sprinkle grated coconut over the dish and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment