Sunday, March 20, 2011

Cheesy red-skinned potatoes

Yes, I cheated and used the same photo twice....  Sometimes, when the other photos aren't so great, this is just how I roll.

It might be my Irish side, but I think potatoes are glorious.  Tonight, I sliced 2 for a side dish and amply filled a Pyrex.  What more can you ask but starchy, cheesy goodness?  I served them up with the salsa chicken and some refried beans for a classic Tex-Mex meal.

Ingredients:
1 T garlic-infused/flavored olive oil
2 red-skinned potatoes
handful cheddar

To make it happen:
1) Chop potatoes into desired size/shape.
2) Toss lightly with garlic evoo.  Salt and pepper to taste.
3) Put in a pyrex dish; sprinkle with shredded garlic or cheddar; cover.
4) Bake at 350 for 30 min.  Uncover and cook another 10 minute.

Cost of meal per person:
Chicken + salsa: .75
beans: .25
potatoes + cheese = .25
total: 1.25

No comments:

Post a Comment