Saturday, October 30, 2010

Drunken Chicken selon les francais!

There are many foods and beverages I adore.  Chicken drumsticks, dripping with chicken juices and fats, are good all the time.  All the time.  Now, when you braise them in hard cider and brandy and finish with heavy cream, well then we're really talking.  Plus this recipe takes advantage of that lovely symbol of fall, the apple.  I used gala.  The recipe I took this from suggested calvados, but I had a cheap brandy on hand I needed to use up in cooking and it did the trick.  I also used leinenkugel berry beer.  I love lambic, but it's just too expensive to boil up.

Sorry, no photos.  Tom and I have just moved into a new home, and I was not sure where my camera was at the time of this meal (the FIRST cooked in my new kitchen!).  However, this was truly scrumptious and may have to be a new fall staple.  Tom has informed me that one of his idiosyncrasies is that he dislikes anything you have to leave on a plate after eating (ie, bones, skin, etc), but I would actually be willing to debone his chicken to be able to eat this on a regular basis.  Also, I intend to serve it over mashed sweet potatoes next time. Yum.

If you have a hankering for something different, deluxe yet super easy, try this.

1 comment:

  1. That chicken recipe sounds awesome; I have to admit I have a weakness for Calvados!

    ReplyDelete