Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Egggggggcelent!

It is often pointed out that I say "Excellent!" much like George Burns.  I also say "Question:" much like Dwight Schrute.  I'm not sure this is the best or most flattering of combinations, but so be it.  I yam what I yam.

Oy.

Anyway, I love eggs.  They are the wonder food.  They make cakes fluffy, they turn into beautiful custards, they give air to souffles.  One egg can keep me full far longer than any other food of either equivalent caloric value or mass or volume.  I would get started, but I just wouldn't stop.  Someday I will create a poem as homage to the incredible edible egg.

But today I would just like to point out how wonderful they are as the matchmaker that pulls your leftovers together.  Scramble them up, toss them with beans, onions, peppers, cheddar and leftover meat, and you have a mean protein machine.  Also, the main point of this blog post was just to say eggggcellent.  Sorry.

This, I suppose I will say, is my fajita scramble



Don't make me give you ingredients and instructions.

For one omelet:
2 eggs:  $.30
chicken:  $.20
beans: $.10
cheddar: $.25
mixed peppers: $.15
Grand Total: $1.00

No comments:

Post a Comment