Sunday, February 24, 2013

Poppers!



One night, while Tom was still at work, I had a purely indulgent evening.  I made jalapeno poppers, guacamole, and palomas.  I watched Batman.  I did NOT do homework.

Oh, glorious day.  Would that it were every day.

Jalapeno poppers are one of those easy things that I love and that are always greeted with ravenous eyes (my own or anyone to whom I bring them).  Some people complain about the process of making them.  I have a few tricks.

1) Use a grapefruit spoon to scrape out seeds and veins.
2) Cut bacon in half and put lengthwise down pepper instead of wrapping around-- no sticking to pan, no stretching the bacon and getting frustrated because one piece too long and half a piece is too short (big jalapenos here)
3) Add just a little taco seasoning or chili powder to cream cheese or mix cream cheese with sharp cheddar for an added bit of flavor.  (Totally unnecessary, but sometimes fun)

Do those things and bake at 350 for 20ish minutes or until bacon is crispy enough for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment