Sunday, July 29, 2012

Coconut Flour Biscuits



OMG.  If I were a cartoon, you would see me levitating off the couch, closing my eyes in blissful oblivion, and being transported down the stairs by the heavenly scent of baking biscuits.

Not just any biscuits.  Coconut flour biscuits.

I already have the honey sitting out on the counter just begging to be eaten.

Nom nom nom part 1

The biscuits are a little heavy, but I will try them for breakfast tomorrow with eggs and cheese and we'll go from there.

Nom nom nom part 2.

Biscuits are ideal for breakfast.  The runny yolk is a perfect foil.  I had a lovely meal of egg, cheese, biscuit and tea.  Not for every week-- pretty heavy-- but sometimes you need a little luxury, and if this keeps me out of the pancake pile, that works for me.

I found the first recipe at Finding Radiance.  Lovely overall!  I added a handful of almond meal... but I should not have.  I suspect that contributed to the dryness.

1 c coconut flour, sifted (you know it's a lumpy beast)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 c butter, melted
1/2 tsp kosher salt
6 eggs

1) Set oven to 350
2) Mix together baking powder and coconut flour.  Mix together wet ingredients.  Add wet to dry ingredients and mix.
3) Bake for 20 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment