Monday, September 12, 2011

Cilantro-lime-garlic roasted shrimp


For my entire life, I have loved shrimp.  Any time we went out to eat, I ordered shrimp.  I strongly identify with Bubba from Forest Gump.  Shrimp for every meal every day would suit me just fine.  

A few months ago, I saw a recipe on Pioneer Woman for Lemon Parsley shrimp, and they looked awesome, but I thought I could kick it up a notch, and I subbed in lime for lemon and cilantro for parsley to give it some southwestern flair.  A win.

1 pound raw shrimp (I used ez peel, but headless is the only requirement for easy eats)
1 stick butter, cut into chunks
4 cloves garlic
1 handful cilantro
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 lime, juiced.

How-to:
1) Place shrimp in single layer on cookie sheet.
2) Process the rest of the ingredients.  Spread goo on shrimp.
3) Bake at 375 for 12ish minutes.

Inspired by Ree, the Pioneer Woman, and her Spicy Lemon Garlic Shrimp 

No comments:

Post a Comment