Friday, August 12, 2022

The past is not dead, it's not even the past

 After many years of not blogging, here I am. 

It has been an eventful few years! I went to medical school, had two kids, and have almost completed my residency. I moved across Texas, then across the country, now calling SC home (for now; Texas always calls back its own). I remain ever committed to good food. 

Like so many people during the pandemic (oh yes, that too happened since I last blogged), and like so many women of increasing years, and like so many of us who all other excuses/reasons/rationalizations aside tend to gain weight... I gained weight. The past is the present. Ooops.  I have made a few attempts at low carb eating in the past few years, but it's time to commit. In keeping with that, I will resume blogging, as the last time I did a good, consistent run of low carb with good weight results... I blogged. 

That said, I have two kids and a carb loving husband. What to do. 

The blog will, therefore, be a bit all over the place. That's fine by me as I expect many of us have similar lives. However, while food will be the theme, sometimes the important feature will be cost, or kid friendliness, or what quinoa salad my husband liked. I cook lunches for him (no restrictions, impeccably strong metabolism), meals and snacks for toddlers who alternately eat the universe and exist on air, and myself. 

No recipe today. I promised my kids frozen pizza, and I'll have some crudite (read: clean out the veggie drawer). More to come. Side note... the Great Value rising crust pizza (now approx $3.50 in SC) is tasty, easy, and feeds two toddlers and one man. That's my tip of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment